Advancing school climate policy and quality practice:
Our Center and the National School Climate Council provides the following services to state departments of education, state agencies, state organizations and state community-based organizations to integrate and sustain quality school climate leading to student achievement and success.
- Conduct a policy scan to determine existing school climate-related policies as well as policy impediments to implementing a school policy agenda.
- Consider, adopt and adapt policies that encourage, support and reward quality school climate implementation and sustainability. The policy options are based on school climate standards and focus on resources, quality practice, accountability and responsibility.
- Assist, host and/or co-host state-level meetings and work groups that bring together critical stakeholders and conducts related work to advance a school climate agenda.
- Present expert testimony of school climate standards, research, assessments, policies and quality practices.
- Design and implement professional development for policymakers, education leaders and stakeholders at the state, district and school levels.
- Design and implement professional development at the local level for teachers, administrators, support staff, students, parents and community partners.
Advocacy and Networking
- Assist in the design and implementation of a statewide advocacy campaign to advance a school climate agenda.
- Connect state agencies with state, regional and national networks to learn and share strategies to successfully implement and sustain a school climate agenda.
- Assist in development of a communications strategy to inform and influence stakeholders at the national, regional, state and local levels.
- Identify and encourage the use of high-quality instruments, protocols, analyses and continuous improvement strategies to measure and improve school climate for student achievement and success.
- Share existing research and assist state agencies to develop a high-quality research agenda to establish the data sets and analyses necessary to successfully integrate and sustain quality school climates for all students’ success.
For details about our work with State Departments of Education and/or if you are interested in one or more of these services, please contact Jonathan Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn about fees, possible cost sharing and time lines.