NSCC’s On-site Staff Development Workshops, Keynotes and Institutes support schools, districts, networks of schools and State Departments of Education promoting school climate improvement efforts and social, emotional and civic education.
- Developing a shared vision and plan for promoting, enhancing and sustaining a positive school climate.
- Defined practices are identified, supported and prioritized to provide high quality support for and engagement in teaching, learning, and positive youth development, and insuring equity of opportunity.
- The school intentionally promotes the development of social, emotional, civic and intellectual skills and dispositions, and also addresses barriers to learning and teaching.
- People create an environment where school community members are welcomed, supported, and feel safe in school: socially, emotionally, and physically.
- Students and staff develop practices, activities and norms that are meaningful and engaging and that promote social and civic responsibilities and a commitment to social justice.